I took a walk in our nearby park this week on the most excellent fall day. Temps have been minimal 60’s, sky was vivid blue, there was a slight breeze and just the odor of autumn in the air. The trees have been turning for two weeks now but on this working day, with the breeze, leaves were fluttering to the floor all all-around me.
I introduced a bag with me to acquire leaves, as just one does on fantastic tumble days, and I collected so several that it felt like it weighed a handful of lbs .. I promptly imagined of the best idea for my giant bag of leaves…. a leaf wreath made with a wire hanger!
I initial noticed this leaf wreath thought decades ago on my mate Gina’s blog site, Willowday. I understood it essential a ton of leaves considering that they are stacked, and I’m generally another person who only collects what I can keep, so I haven’t experienced a chance to bring house a significant leaf haul till now!
How to make a leaf wreath with a wire hanger:
1. Accumulate your leaves and set up them by shade. I must have gathered a couple of hundred leaves at least, but real truth be informed I *nonetheless* did not have ample. I experienced to lower my hanger a minor shorter. So err on the aspect of far too significantly!
2. Use needle nose pliers to untwist the leading of the wire hanger. Use your individual hands to bend out the kinks, then to bend it into a circle. To slice the wire hanger (which you will probably have to do except if you obtained thousands of leaves!), just bend back again and forth a couple moments in a single place and it will split. You can do this by hand or with the pliers. (You can also use floral wire, like this vine-protected form, in its place of a hanger.)
3. Commence stacking and threading the leaves onto the wire hanger. It is incredibly easy to do, you can do a bunch at a time.
4. Thread them upside down until finally you get halfway, then thread them appropriate side up.
6. When you are completed threading, use the pliers to bend the conclude into a minor loop, then hook it at the major to safe the ring.
This wreath will start to dry up quite quickly and the colours will fade. If you want the coloration to last, attempt dipping the leaves in beeswax initial!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this post? Listed here are some far more artwork strategies with leaves: